Mishoshiru (miso soup)
Miso is very good for health. Try to add a lot of vegetable. My favorite is like (potato, wakame, age), (daikon, chinese cabbage), (tofu, wakame, age), etc. Many vegetable works for miso soup so try adventurous. Do not boil after miso is added. Remove pan from heat then add miso.
Material for two (vegetable shown in the picture)
- Three cup of dashi soup (or three cups of water and 1 table spoon dashi)
- Diced daikon (bite size)
- 2-3 leaf of chinese cabbage (cabbage is OK also) - chopped (bite size)
- Chopped green onion
- 2 table spoon miso
- Boil dashi
- Add daikon and hard part of chinese cabbage and cook for 3-4 minutes until vegetables are tender
- Turn off the heat and remove the pot from the heat
- Add miso to the soup. It's best to use miso koshi to ensure miso is melted.
- Serve in a miso chawan (misoshiru bowl) and sprinkle chopped green onion.
|Miso koshi (miso strainer)|